Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Earth Day for Your Va-Jay-Jay (What?!) *Warning: TMI* Diva Cup Review

You read it right.

Today us ladies can celebrate Earth Day in style with Earth (and pocket) friendly feminine hygiene products.

The inspiration for this post comes from an offer from Stayfree to take their blue liquid challenge with their ultra thin pads.

I dislike pads immensely - and tampons aren't much better. I don't like having to remind myself every four hours to change it, and what I dislike more is my flow is so heavy that I quite often end up leaking through a tampon in just a couple hours. It is a nightmare I tell you.

Diva Cup to the rescue. I'm sure you've heard of Diva Cup by now. If not, let me tell you a little about this little piece of miracle feminine hygiene equipment.





The Diva Cup is a re-useable bell-shaped menstrual cup that is inserted into the vagina and can be worn for up to 12hrs without leaks. Instead of absorbing your menstrual flow it collects it, to be emptied, washed and replaced.

And who doesn't love to save upwards of $150.00 a year on feminine hygiene?


If you're in the comfort of your own home when you empty your Diva Cup you should wash it before your replace it. Wash your hands, remove the diva cup, empty it and wash it either with the Diva Wash or with warm water and a mild, unscented water-based soap. At the end of your cycle you can thoroughly wash it then boil your Diva Cup in plenty of water to give it an extra good cleaning before placing it back in it's baggie until your next cycle.


Another bonus about the Diva Cup is you can participate in all the sports you normally do without worrying about leaking. Hiking, swimming, volleyball, skiing or extreme sports, you can still use this product. If you're travelling there's no need to worry about packing boxes of tampons, just one little cup. What's more is you can insert the Diva Cup slightly before you're supposed to get your period to avoid spotting since it's made of silicone and has no harsh chemicals there's no harm done.


The Diva Cup is approximately $40.00 and can be purchased online or in-stores (widely available at Rexall/Pharma Plus). More often than not you can find it online with a discount. Diva Cup also has special offers and giveaways running through their Facebook page.




Go HERE to find a location nearest you to purchase your own Diva Cup.

I purchased my Diva Cup (level 1) two years ago and have loved it. There was a period of time where I couldn't use it thanks to an ovarian cyst, but I am back to using it now and love it. It makes each day I have my period so much easier.

I may consider purchasing the level 2 cup in the future simply because my flow is heavier.


What about you? Have you tried the Diva Cup? Do you love it?

*I am in no way being compensated for this review. All opinions are my own. I purchased my own Diva Cup with my own money. Click on images to be brought back to the original source.*


The Canadian Beauty Bloggers are Blogging Earth Day! Check it out!