Thursday, July 5, 2012

Recipe: Balsalmic Vinegarette Chicken Salad

Hey Guys,

I'm trying a new type of post today. I'm not huge on cooking. I don't like to come up with my own recipes and ideas but I do love to try new recipes. I also like to cook old recipes from home.

I'm starting a completely gluten free diet as an attempt to control abdominal discomfort that I've been having. Apparently it's also a great way to lose weight. I'm looking forward to this diet and can't wait to try out new gluten free recipes.

Anyways, to add to the fact that I'm on a gluten free diet and I'm trying to lose some weight, I've been eating a lot of salads. Chicken ceasar salad has been my go-to choice lately. Mostly because I have a hard time enjoying any other type of salad. I remembered that I loved when my mom made her balsalmic vinegarette dressing and put it over a romaine lettuce salad with tomatoes and chicken (you can, of course add other vegetables but I like that combination). Here's the recipe for the salad dressing:


Balsalmic Vinegarette
1/8 cup Balsalmic Vinegar
1/2 cup Red Wine Vinegar
2 cups Olive Oil
1 cup White Vinegar
1tsp Basil
1tsp Oregano
1/4 cup Sugar
1/4tsp Salt
1/4tsp Pepper

Combine all ingredients in a pot and bring to a boil. Cool completely.

Quite honestly, I don't cool it down completely. I drizzle the dressing over cold salad and warm chicken while it itself is warm.

Hope you enjoy the recipe!

xoxo - C