Thursday, June 21, 2012

Nair Precision Facial Wax Kit: Review


Let me start off by saying that this is not a sponsored post (not that any of my posts are sponsored, but I thought I'd put that out there). I bought this product on my own at my local Loblaws because, quite honestly, I do not like heating up my wax warmer just to wax my eyebrows, and I also hate tweezing, so, here we go.

I'm going to answer these basic questions:
Did this product remove your facial hair effectively?
Was it easy to use?
Was it kind to your skin?
Would you use it again?
Would you recommend it to your friends?
Was it better than other facial waxes you’ve tried in the past?
How long did the product last?

This product did not remove my hair at all. Actually, no sorry, I think there were three hairs that came off my right eyebrow, but aside from those, it did not remove my hair properly.

The product was very, very easy to use. I really wish I would have been overall happier with the results this product gave because I like the idea of the application. You boil some water, immerse the tube in the boiling water and wait two minutes. After two minutes you remove the tube, take off the cap and replace it with the roll-on applicator. Lightly squeeze the tube and roll the applicator until you get a thin, even application.

As far as I can tell the product was kind to my skin. It's a sugar-based formula so they're generally more gentle.

I would not use this product again. The wax is too soft to begin with and that makes removing it difficult. When you go to strip the product off some of the product sticks to your face. That's too much mess for me. I wouldn't recommend this product to anyone.

Clearly, since I didn't like this product I have used better.

Lastly, I didn't get a chance to see how long the product lasted because I threw it out. $11 down the drain.

So, the consensus is that this product pretty much sucked and I don't suggest buying it and wasting your money. There are better products on the market.

xoxo - C